The Hungry Workshop is looking to fill a full-time, three-month, paid internship role starting 16 July 2012. We’re not your average design studio. We are a studio specialising in crafted executions of conceptual design through letterpress. Design is communication, and letterpress is an expressive, commercial scale printmaking tool.
Through The Hungry Workshop you’ll be exposed to our collaborators: other leading creative individuals, design studios, illustrators and agencies, as well as working directly with our design clients on projects such as branding, packaging, promotional pieces and stationery. We curate exhibitions and create our own paper products for retail, so you’ll also need a penchant for self initiated, experimental studio projects.
You’ll be working with us on all aspects of our output, including but not limited to:
• Print production and finishing (punching, folding and packing products/stationery)
• Mixing ink, cutting paper and other letterpress printing related tasks
• Finished art, preparing files for output, colour separations and proofing
• Concept and design for studio and client projects
Who are you?
You’re an all rounder. Being a small studio, we are all hands on deck, all the time. You’re independent. You have incredible attention to detail. You’re quick on your feet, able to take direction but also work without much. Someone called you pedantic once and you took it as a compliment. You have a quick wit and an unhealthy sense of humour. Your head is full to the brim with ideas and you can articulate them clearly when one slips out. You’re highly skilled in the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator. You’re a positive person. A design zealot that is passionate about paper, print and colour. And, you are cooking up an awesome side project at the moment – it’s a zine about giraffes.
Is that you?
If you answered ‘maybe’ – please apply using the following guidelines:
• Email your cover letter, along with your resume and/or additional materials to email@example.com with the subject line: ‘The Hungry Intern’.
If you answered ‘yes’ – please apply using the following guidelines:
• Post your cover letter, along with your resume and/or additional materials to:
The Hungry Workshop
461 High Street
Northcote VIC 3070
Applications close 6 July 2012.